Chiropractic Treatment for Knee Pain with our Olathe, KS Chiropractor
Do you suffer from pain in your knees? Does it limit your activity and reduce your quality of life? Do not worry, you are not alone. Many people suffer from debilitating pain and loss of movement in their knees. Here at Complete Care Chiropractic we have treated people just like you in the Olathe, Kansas area for years.
What Causes Knee Pain?
A number of different conditions can cause knee pain. Some of these conditions are permanent but others can be cured completely with the right treatment. The first step is to determine what is causing your pain in the first place. To do this, the chiropractor will gather information via:
- An oral medical, familial, and personal history
- A physical examination of the affected area and surrounding tissues
- A neurological examination to determine nerve function, damage, and sensitivity
- Any lab tests or advanced imaging techniques such as x-ray, MRI, CAT scan, and/or EMG
From these tests, a trained chiropractor like Dr. Devin Morton at Complete Care Chiropractic can devise a treatment plan that will address your specific cause of knee pain.
Common Causes of Knee Pain
Among the causes of knee pain are those that originate from an injury or condition within the knee itself. This includes:
- Overuse such as repetitive movements
- Inflammatory conditions like arthritis
- Some underlying pathology such as tumor or infection, although this is extremely rare
- Trauma to the knee itself
Furthermore, knee pain can be referred from another area of the body such as hip joints, lower back facet joints, sacroiliac joints, and the muscles throughout the lower back, hip, and knee region. The majority of knee injuries and conditions seen by a chiropractor include:
- Tendinitis – Inflammation of the tendons of the knee from overuse, infection, or rheumatic disease
- Knee Bursae – Inflammation of the bursa (a small sac of fluid near the knee joint)
- Dislocated Knee – Patellar dislocation is when the kneecap is out of the patellofemoral groove it slides in
- Sprains – A violent twisting or wrenching of the ligaments of a joint
- Strains – Tearing or stretching tendon or muscle
- Adhesive Capsulitis – Commonly known as Frozen Knee
Knee Pain Treatments
Often the pain felt in one’s knees come from another area of the body altogether. The spinal canal contains all the nerve endings of the body that send signals of sensation to your brain. Addressing issues within the spine as well as the knee itself can work wonders for relieving knee pain. Among the treatments that may be used to relieve your pain are:
- Spinal decompression
- Therapeutic massage
- Rehabilitative exercise and stretching regimens
- Laser therapy using photobiomodulation
- Trigger Point therapy
- Cross friction
Contact Complete Care Chiropractic Today
For more information on any of these treatments, call Complete Care Chiropractic at 913-815-8076 or stop by and see our friendly professional staff at our offices in Olathe, KS.