Scoliosis is a spinal condition characterized by back pain and abnormal curvature of the spine in one or several places. With this condition, the spine often takes the shape of the letter "S" or "C". It can affect anyone but is more common in females, and is associated with a family history of this condition. We at Complete Care Chiropractic KC serving Lenexa, KS, and Olathe, KS, know a lot about how to provide treatment for scoliosis as well as back pain.
The Main Types
There are several types of scoliosis, including the following:
- Idiopathic. It is the most common type, and about 80% of cases are considered idiopathic. Usually, this type is diagnosed quite early, around the age of 10.
- Neuromuscular. It is usually associated with different neuromuscular conditions. These conditions include cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy, and others.
- Degenerative. This type is common among older adults, who are 65 years old and older. It occurs because the spine degenerates with age.
- Congenital. Usually, this type is associated with a defect that is present at birth.
What Are The Symptoms?
Here is a list of signs indicating that you may have scoliosis:
- Uneven shoulders
- One hip is higher than the other one
- Spinal curvature is at least 25%
- Physical activity leading to fatigue
- Chronic headaches
How Can A Chiropractor Help?
Chiropractors are known as specialists who help with pain management and health conditions. Scoliosis is one of them. There are several effective treatments for this condition, including spinal adjustments.
Chiropractic treatment performed by a chiropractor seeks to eliminate pressure on the nervous system and straightens abnormal spinal curvature.
Get Back Pain Management and Relief with Our Chiropractor
If you have any of the above-mentioned symptoms of the spinal curvature, including back pain and discomfort, consider getting chiropractic treatment specializing in pain management and relief. At Complete Care Chiropractic KC serving Lenexa, KS, and Olathe, KS, we are here to help our patients and physical health and wellbeing.
We provide various chiropractic care options, including acupuncture, auto accident care, headache & migraine relief, knee pain care, sports injuries treatment, spinal decompression, and others. We focus on treating disease as it occurs, rather than simply managing symptoms. We will develop the program and treatments tailored to your specific needs, so you can achieve the best results.
Give us a call at (913) 815-8076 to get more information about the services and treatment we offer.